• sage etters •
As a graduate of Berklee College of Music, I attended the most prestigious contemporary music school in the world. I was exposed to so many amazing styles of music and rubbed shoulders with the most incredible musicians you can imagine (and performed alongside them)! I have taken my experiences and knowledge from Berklee and infused it into my teaching style. I use Suzuki method because I believe it is an exceptional foundation to work upon. I also believe that jazz and contemporary studies are a great way to build upon one's technique and learn about music with a fresh approach that is both challenging and fun!
What I like most about teaching and working in music is that it has been a life passion of mine since I was a child. It is in my soul and runs through my blood. The opportunity to share and pass this gift onto others, help students achieve goals, and experience music is honestly a gift in itself.
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Berklee College of Music | Bachelor Degree in Professional Music | Performance, Songwriting, and Arranging | Magna cum Laude (2009)
• Berklee College of Music | String Department Achievement Award (2007-2008)
• National School Orchestra Award (2005)
• Tri-M Music Honors Society (2004-2005)
• Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra (1999-2005)
• IMEA / All-State, District, and Fox Valley Conference Orchestras (2001-2005)
Photographer: Detlef Körtge